- ISBN: 978-0230-03948-3
- Обложка: Мягкая обложка
- Издательство: Macmillan (все книги издательства)
- Город: Oxford
- Страниц: 862
- Формат: 90х60/16
- Год: 2011
* Two-colour dictionary and CD-ROM with more entries than any other dictionary for intermediate learners
* The 3,500 most important words for intermediate students to learn at this level are highlighted in red and graded for frequency of use, helping students to focus on the key vocabulary for writing and speaking English with confidence and accuracy
* Hundreds of ‘help boxes’ containing grammar, vocabulary and usage notes provide more help in understanding the language than any equivalent dictionary
Up to date!
* 36,000 real examples show students exactly how words are used in a wide variety of situations
* 24-page Language Study section on key areas such as pronunciation, collocation and wordbuilding helps learners to broaden and develop their vocabulary
* Clear, simple definitions using just under 2,300 of the most common words, making the dictionary fully accessible to intermediate learners
* Quick ‘menus’ in entries with five or more senses guide you to the meaning you want – fast
* 16 pages of full-colour drawings and photographs for topic and vocabulary work.
This dictionary includes words on the basis of their use in the English language today. Some words are identified as being trademarks or service marks. Neither the presence nor absence of such identification in this Dictionary is to be regarded as affecting in any way, or expressing a judgement on, the validity or legal status of any trademark, service mark, or other proprietary rights anywhere in the world.